Hi! My name is Trish Brown and I am proud to be running for City Commission Seat 2 in the wonderful city of Tallahassee. I am a facilitator and a community organizer with roots in the Tallahassee area. I have a long history of standing up for people in need and getting resources to the people who need it the most. My activism includes but is not limited to:
- Raising funds and donations, and delivering them to victims of Hurricane Michael.
- Mentoring immigrant children, and supporting families who face language barriers, at the local, state and international levels.
- Connecting families facing economic hardship to resources that are available to them.
- Advocating, along with AFSCME, for desperately needed pay increases for state workers.
- Rallying against police brutality and for Black Lives.
- Successfully fighting for legislative change at the state level, including the Dignity for Incarcerated Women Act, which provides free hygiene products to incarcerated women, and prevents male correctional officers from being present while women are undressing.
- Successfully fighting for the Tammy Jackson Act which ensures that pregnant incarcerated women get adequate healthcare in a medical facility.
I stand for justice, equality & prosperity for all.